Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cause of kernel panic?

Hi,

Recently I connected my macbook air to a tv with a hdmi cable and a cable that connects the laptop with the hdmi cable. The laptop felt like it was giving the electricity through the aluminium body. Therefore I think the power outputs were not grounded. After that the laptop instantly showed a kernel panic. It happened twice.

Today my laptop was just laying on the table in the living room on stand-by mode when another kernel panic happened. I'm not sure if this panic of today is related to the panics of last week. Is there anyone who can tell me the cause of the problem and tell me if the problem is small or big. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

P.S.

I cannot place my kernel panic here because it contains invalid characters? I really like to place the report here to get some help!

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:03 PM

1 reply

Cause of kernel panic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.