Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud calendar in Outlook not working with Windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now Outlook doesn't show my iCloud calendar. Error message is "the set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened." Microsoft tech support could not help. Can you please help?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:26 AM

Hi Tinduck, I had the exactly the same problem, after searching for hour or two, found one page that recommended a reset of the ios device. Turned off iPhone, rebooted and lo and behold, clicked Outlook 10 open on laptop and everything was as it was prior to installing Wen 10. Hope it helps you. Steve

11 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:11 AM in response to JaveaSteve

This sounded so simple I was hoping it would do the trick. I rebooted my iPhone and my iPad--with no luck. I still can't click the iCloud button in my Outlook calendar and can't see most of my appointments. Yesterday, after googling, I reinstalled iCloud software (iCloud for Windows), re-logged in to iCloud (I can't see my calendar appointments there either for some reason) and rebooted my computer. Any more ideas? (P.S. I can't get to my iCloud contacts in Outlook either.)

Jul 31, 2015 5:05 AM in response to Tinduck

Thank you JaveaSteve! I am halfway there. I shut down my iPhone and my husband's Mac and yes! iCloud came back. All my entries are missing...but I think that is something my husband did when he decided to link to iCloud yesterday.. Somethings should not be shared. I hope to figure that out this morning.

Thank you for your help.

Aug 4, 2015 3:56 AM in response to WallyVedder

There's a second thread on this same exact topic and it eventually helped me. I can't recall exactly what I did, but it involved logging out of icloud, closing Outlook, logging back into iCloud, then clicking the mail/calendar button, and suddenly the files started copying over into Outlook. I did so many other things that I don't know exactly what I did differently that time, but it worked. Warning: My Outlook contents that weren't yet in iCloud disappeared.

Aug 7, 2015 10:44 AM in response to WallyVedder

GO to ICloud.com and download the Windows software for ICloud. When the box comes up, remove all. Then download again and install. Once installed open the iCloud control panel and apply the settings. Open Outlook and click on the iCloud in the menu bar. Sign in with your Apple ID and you should be good to go.

remember this will not work if you click on repair, you must click on remove and then install again.

iCloud calendar in Outlook not working with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.