Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes appears in taskbar twice after opening.

This occurred for me when I was running Windows 8.1. I'd pin iTunes to the taskbar, but when I launched it, a second iTunes icon would show in the taskbar. The fix that always worked for me was to un-pin the original, launch iTunes, and the pin that. It was always the only app doing it.

So with a fresh install of Windows 10, I have the same problem and again, it's the only app doing it. The thing is, the workaround no longer works. Anyone else running into this or maybe a solution?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:04 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2015 4:07 PM in response to soldierblue

Yeah, same thing happening to me.

When you launch iTunes, another icon shows in the taskbar.

If you pin it, it will still show another icon, and if you unpin it, both icons are removed.

Aug 25, 2015 5:41 PM in response to soldierblue

As I can see, these problem are present on Windows 8 already. But on them, there's a workaround, unpin icon, go to .exe file and pin it to taskbar. But, on Windows 10, you cannot pin any exe to taskbar directly, you need to do it when the app are open.

I think Apple can do something with this problem on a future release, because iTunes are one of the few apps with this problem (If this were only because the OS, all apps will do it).

iTunes appears in taskbar twice after opening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.