Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My USB mouse isn't working.

My wireless mouse is a great mouse. I have had mo problems with it until now. It is not a mac mouse, but I believe the issue lies in the mac. I wanted to plug in my mouse to an old computer, I must have clicked something that messed with the compatibility with my mac. The reason I think this is because AFTER I tried to use the mouse with the old computer (and failing due to most likely more compatibility issues) my mac fails to recognize a mouse being plugged in at all. It is a wireless mouse, if that makes a difference. The only solution that I can see is resetting my NVRAM, and I don't really want to do that.

Help would be most appreciated.

~Ethan

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:34 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 12:03 AM in response to Ethan D.

If the wireless mouse is one of those third-party devices with a USB Receiver, that needs to be

plugged into the Mac ports, and is factory-paired with only that mouse, it just may be defective.

And there are wireless keyboards that use a similar module for their captive wi-fi receiver.

So should the mouse no longer work with either computer, and it has a USB wi-fi module receiver

it may be time to look for something else. I was given a kensington optical wireless mouse and

the USB wireless receiver module failed; you cannot buy just this one part to have it work, and as

kensington and other brands with the USB Receiver module are factory paired, they won't just

offer to sell you the defective (or if you lent it to a friend & they lost that receiver) or missing part

by simply matching the frequencies by serial number. They won't.

Without more information, you could have almost anything going on there. However it sounds

like you may have something similar to this other situation. That's why I still use wired mouses.

And prefer to watch old cartoons where they get up after an accident, to live happily ever after. 😝

Jul 31, 2015 11:51 AM in response to seventy one

Several references online to that brand from about 4 years ago suggest the users

and some reviewers had no issues with either OS X or the existing Wndoz product

at the times of their experience. Of course there are sites for this product line as far

away as japan, with english translation, etc.

Always helps to identify the product going into a conversation. Same with most topics...

ie: I have a motor vehicle that won't start: do I troubleshoot before asking, knowing how?😐

My USB mouse isn't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.