Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus water damage

Long story short my phone was charging and fell into a bowl of water last night while I was sleeping (why there was a bowl of water nearby I continue to ask myself that with no answer). I woke in a panic to see this and safely removed it from the water. The phone fell in so that only the bottom portion of the phone was submerged in the water. Oddly enough the phone was still working, however, only to a certain extent. The home button is not working, sound does not work (when going form sound to vibrate it thinks headphones are plugged in), and siri constantly pops up but does not work because voice isn't recognized. Everything else still works (LTE, wifi, bluetooth connection, etc) besides these issues. It's been turned off for the majority of the day and I've been doing the whole rice thing..Hoping that works out after a couple days but not relying on that old trick. Made the mistake of not getting Apple Care, what could I be looking at repair cost wise if this does not work out?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:14 PM

1 reply

Iphone 6 plus water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.