Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Cant get sound from Mackie Mixer to play in Logic Pro X

Hey guys,

I recently connected my Mackie Pro FX8 to my rMBP and ran my Nord keyboard through Input 1, while the mixer is connected by USB to the computer. Yesterday I easily made an audio track with my keyboard on input 1. Today, I switched my monitor speakers to the actual Main Out's in the back of the mixer (got actual XLR to XLR cables) and for some reason Logic has stopped receiving any audio from the mixer. The mixer is still receiving audio, Logic is still set to Audio Input/Output of the Mackie Mixer. Everything is perfect except theres no sound input from any instruments!! So frustrated here, please help me out.. I've tried everything I could think of.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:22 PM

Logic's Audio Preferences I/O are both set to the Mackie...?

You didn't get a system update overnight did you?

Have you gone back to your original setup that worked to make sure it was nothing you did when hooking up the speakers.

Try this, turn everything off, unplug the USB connection (at the computer) from the Mackie.

Boot the computer, let it settle. With the Mackie still unplugged turn the rest of the gear on including the Mackie.

After everything's up plug the Mackie back into the computer, let it sit a minute, boot Logic and check Logic's audio preferences to make sure the Mackie is both Input and Output. Any luck?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 5:22 PM in response to egumerlock

Logic's Audio Preferences I/O are both set to the Mackie...?

You didn't get a system update overnight did you?

Have you gone back to your original setup that worked to make sure it was nothing you did when hooking up the speakers.

Try this, turn everything off, unplug the USB connection (at the computer) from the Mackie.

Boot the computer, let it settle. With the Mackie still unplugged turn the rest of the gear on including the Mackie.

After everything's up plug the Mackie back into the computer, let it sit a minute, boot Logic and check Logic's audio preferences to make sure the Mackie is both Input and Output. Any luck?

Jul 31, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks for your advice, I tried all of it but its not that the USB connection is bad, its that the input of the instruments i just simply not coming through. For example if I try to record an audio track in logic through input 1 which is connected to my Keyboard, it records the audio that is currently playing through my speakers. So the Output is the Input.... The inputs of the instruments don't seem to have anywhere to go, neither through the Output of the speakers nor the Input into Logic. I'm wondering if this is like a setting somewhere... Anyways, back to the problem solving

Help! Cant get sound from Mackie Mixer to play in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.