Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible media management app for FCPX

KeyFlow. The idea seems to be to create a bulk library of all imported media (upstream of FCPX) using an import function and then organizing it with conventional asset management theory. You would then import into FCPX from this bulk library using external media.

Details are a bit chaotic at the moment but you can see the product pitch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWsIQQIwOc

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:04 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 7:28 AM in response to innocentius

rumored to be on the App Store in the USA for $300, same price as FCPX.

The cost is relative to the amount of time and effort you waste managing your media without a similar tool. We use a digital asset management system for our still limas called Canto Cumulus. Incredibly expensive and weirdly difficult to master (for something so seemingly simple) but it's an enterprise-grade application running on the servers and managing literally hundreds of thousands of images and other digital files. Several of our operations would be helpless without this image database. So I am quite interested in seeing how KeyFlow stands up to the test of the marketplace and how it might help us manage our FCPX resources in a way that resembles ye olde FCP7 Media Manager. recent project of ours consumed more than 200G of server space for the raw video clips. When we were done building the thing, we needed to keep only the best footage and takes (with handles)--less than 18G. We still don't know how to safely reduce the bulk of our libraries so that 200G is still online wasting a ton of very expensive server-grade drive capacity and redundant backups.

Cumulus will handle video files, too, but, since it runs on servers, it stores the full rez clip as an asset but must have access to all kinds of video processing to serve up the clips as previews or to download them in various formats. That's an entirely and hugely different issue than managing still images. You've got to pay much extra for the software modules that handle video.

Aug 2, 2015 4:15 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

There seems to be some unanswered questios about this software http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/1702-keyflow-pro-the-299-media-asset-ma nager-with-final-cut-pro-x-integration

I wrote a comment about tthe price on App Store and the creator said they would look at it, so they have seen this price. I still have the old, old, Expression Media which to my surprise still runs well on Yosemite.

Possible media management app for FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.