Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get my photos off water damage iphone 6plus

I dropped my iphone 6 plus into a toilet, and it was only half submerged (with the bottom off the phone sticking out of the water). I assumed it was okay until the lock button began to stick so when I turned it off - it kept turning back on. I soon realized it was short circuited and I checked the water indication mark in the SIM card slot, which didn't indicate that it had water damage. I went to the Apple Store with an appointment for the Genius Bar and didn't get far, where they told me the phone did have water damage. I need the photos off of the phone, and i know that the photos are stored in the memory of the phone. I also didn't hook up my phone to icloud, so there isn't any backup available for me to use to get the pictures. Is there any way I could get the photos off my phone before I send it back for a new one?? I've tried connecting it to my computer already and nothing happens.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:57 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 4:12 PM in response to xo_chellseaa

IF you don't have iCloud and the computer isn't allowing you to import the photos you are out of luck. In the future remember to make frequent backups and import pictures frequently. It may be too late since the phone as been plugged into a power source, but you could try placing the phone in dry uncooked rice for about a week and keep the phone off the entire time. If it works, you may be able to get the pictures off but the phone will need to be replaced still.

how to get my photos off water damage iphone 6plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.