Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronziation issues with Iphone and Exchange Server.

I am using an Iphone 6 with a hosted Exchange Server to handle my email, contacts and calendar. On my Windows 7 PC I am running Office 2010. My PC and my Iphone have the latest software updates.

When I enter a new address entry or a new calendar entry on either my PC or my Iphone, the addition is immediately reflected onto my other device. When I edit an existing Address Entry or Calendar entry, the change is retained locally, but only rarely gets synchronized across to my other device.

Is there a work around or a third party application which can fix this problem? The problem has been going on for years, but it is a real annoyance as I periodically miss meetings for which details don't get reflected to my Iphone, and can't see notes I add to Address Entries while working on my PC.

I have tried deleting my contacts and calendar on my Iphone and resyncing, but the problem always reappears.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:31 PM

Go to Settings/Mail,Contacts,Calendars. Tap on the Exchange account. Make sure the switches for Contacts and Calendar are on. If they are, turn them off. Wait a minute. Then turn them on again.

If that doesn't resolve the problem check to see if the information is making it to the Exchange server. Log in to Outlook Web Access (OWA) and see if the changes sync to there. If not isn't the problem is on the Exchange server end.

Finally, a corrupt record in the Exchange server database can prevent syncing. You can fix this by exporting the contacts and/or calendar to an archive, then importing them back in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 4:31 PM in response to JAWeiss

Go to Settings/Mail,Contacts,Calendars. Tap on the Exchange account. Make sure the switches for Contacts and Calendar are on. If they are, turn them off. Wait a minute. Then turn them on again.

If that doesn't resolve the problem check to see if the information is making it to the Exchange server. Log in to Outlook Web Access (OWA) and see if the changes sync to there. If not isn't the problem is on the Exchange server end.

Finally, a corrupt record in the Exchange server database can prevent syncing. You can fix this by exporting the contacts and/or calendar to an archive, then importing them back in.

Aug 5, 2015 12:05 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you Lawrence! This has been driving me nuts for years....

The final step of copying all of my contacts into a .pst file, deleting them from Outlook, ensuring the server fully resynchronized, and then copying them back in seems to have solve my contacts sync problem. (At least for now !!)

I haven't done this yet for my calendar (it takes time sigh...) but I am pretty sure this will work as well.

JAWeiss

Synchronziation issues with Iphone and Exchange Server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.