Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "apple.com-online.gifts" that locks Safari on my iPhone?

This has popped up to lock Safari. I understand I can get rid of it through Safari settings, but I'm wondering what it is?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:40 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:40 PM in response to Jim Hyla

Apparently Nissan's website (like practically every Internet site except for Apple) hosts advertisements over whose content they probably claim they have no control. That creates opportunities for scam artists of all description. It's also possible (though unlikely) that Nissan's website was "hacked". It is common to find such scams while browsing lowbrow sites catering to prurient interests, but I have encountered those scams on a number of allegedly respectable websites. It's simply an Internet annoyance that we have to put up with.

Another possibility is that your Mac may have been affected by adware, another rapidly growing Internet annoyance. Read the following to determine if that may be applicable in your case: How to install adware. Apple maintains a corrective procedure that I linked near the end of that document.

What is "apple.com-online.gifts" that locks Safari on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.