Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone charging screen keeps blinking and won't turn on

So my iPhone 5c battery died and when I went to plug it into the charger it wouldn't charge and the the screen (the red battery screen) just blinks (turns on then off) when I unplug it the phone just stays off. Also when I shake my phone to my ear I can hear something inside shaking or rattling the noisy isn't that loud but I don't know whats happening this is the first time this has happened and also I've been using the same charger the phone came with so i haven't used and 3rd party chargers. Please help I've only had this phone for 1 year..

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 4:12 PM

Hey Johnathan,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPhone isn't charging, and it sounds like something inside may be rattling.

First, try these steps from If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to see if your iPhone will charge:

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If not, based on the sound you're hearing inside the phone, it may need service. See iPhone Repair and Service for help with topics like warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Sincerely.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 4:12 PM in response to johnathan_

Hey Johnathan,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPhone isn't charging, and it sounds like something inside may be rattling.

First, try these steps from If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to see if your iPhone will charge:

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If not, based on the sound you're hearing inside the phone, it may need service. See iPhone Repair and Service for help with topics like warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

Sincerely.

iphone charging screen keeps blinking and won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.