Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i have FaceTime in an iDevise from Qatar (I live in France) ?

I live in france, i buy an IPhone 6 plus while a travel in Doha (Qatar): How can i have FaceTime ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:38 PM

9 replies

Jul 30, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Oynix

As of now, Qatar doesn’t forbid FaceTime(only Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates do), but in some Middle Eastern countries, it’s tied to the carrier, and therefore won’t be available on a different carrier’s network.

If that iPhone originated from a country which forbids it, it won’t be available at all.

(131013)

Jul 30, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Oynix

Oynix wrote:

If you bought an official iPhone and the Facetime icon is not showing up, it means that it has been restricted by Qatar's government. If you're in France and it is still not showing up, I would recommend contacting Apple.

Contacting Apple won't change anything. If the phone was purchased in a country that has banned FaceTime it will not work on that phone no matter where you take it, and Apple can't change that.

Aug 17, 2015 6:05 AM in response to Romain Storai

Dear Romain Storai

I have a problem which is kind of similar to yours, with this deference that my iPhone is not AE/A, mine is LL/A which is supposed to support FaceTime.

I wounder if the below mentioned issues are the same for your device or not, would you please check them and inform me about the result?

1) There is no FaceTime icon neither on the Home Page nor in the Settings menu, but in Settings/Notifications you can find the FaceTime icon !!!

2) When making a phone call, the FaceTime icon (which is not active of course) appears on the screen next to icons like Mute, Keypad, Speaker, Contacts.

Thanks

How can i have FaceTime in an iDevise from Qatar (I live in France) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.