Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple cases for 5/6th gen iPod touch?

I still have a perfectly good 4th gen iPod touch but as it is 20 pin (as was my previous Bose dock) I have been using my iPhone 6 or iPads in a lightning plug speaker dock for apple music .. I am thinking of getting either a 5th or 6th gen touch for this use instead…

problem is most cases (ie OtterBox) will not fit in my dock and I'm wondering if anyone is clued in as to whether or not Apple will ever produce a leather or silicon case as they do for the iPhones as these are the only cases that seem to fit with most lightning cable plugs in docks i.e. Bose and JBL?

thanks in advance for any insight

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:51 PM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:07 PM in response to LidiaG

If Apple has not announced anything about a case yet, we just have to wait and see. We are all users and have no way of knowing what Apple with do in the future. I use an otterbox on my iPhone and have an ihome dock. While the phone doesn't fit on the dock piece it also can connect via usb cord.

It is also against the community terms of use to speculatate about future products:

Stay on topic. Apple Support Communities is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:

Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.

Apple cases for 5/6th gen iPod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.