Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple case for 5/6th gen?

I still have a perfectly good 4th gen iPod touch but as it is 20 pin (as was my previous Bose dock) I have been using my iPhone 6 or iPads in a lightning plug speaker dock for apple music .. I am thinking of getting either a 5th or 6th gen touch for this use instead…

problem is most cases (ie OtterBox) will not fit in my dock and I'm wondering if anyone is clued in as to whether or not Apple will ever produce a leather or silicon case as they do for the iPhones as these are the only cases that seem to fit with most lightning cable plugs in docks i.e. Bose and JBL?

thanks in advance for any insight

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:19 PM

I doubt Apple will make anything if they haven't already. But there are tons of cases out there that are the lower profile ones you're looking for. I'd suggest that you shop on Amazon, and even if you don't buy from there you can get an idea who has what.

The only retailers I've seen iPod cases at is Best Buy and Target.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 6:19 PM in response to LidiaG

I doubt Apple will make anything if they haven't already. But there are tons of cases out there that are the lower profile ones you're looking for. I'd suggest that you shop on Amazon, and even if you don't buy from there you can get an idea who has what.

The only retailers I've seen iPod cases at is Best Buy and Target.

Jul 30, 2015 6:30 PM in response to Skydiver119

Thank you for your reply…

I have actually looked online and the problem is not the depth around the lightning cabe (that is to be expected especially with rugged cases such as the OtterBox)

But usually the docks have a rather secured base which means they need at least 1 to 2 inches of width around the lightning plug… The Apple cases for the iPhone five and six were great in that they were a semi rigid shell/case which provided practically the entire body bottom of the case be exposed as the port is in between the two speakers… It just seemed odd that they never provided even a silicon case for the touch5 when it came out… So I suppose you are right if they have not done so and is this generation is simply an internal upgrade and the case remains the same… I should simply keep looking..........

Apple case for 5/6th gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.