Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Template as stationery pad?

Stationery pad is greyed out on project templates. Is there a fix for that?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Logic 9.1.8 and X, Apogee Ensemble

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:46 PM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Data Stream Studio

I guess you are referring to the checkbook on the "Get Info" window of a Project File in the Finder.

User uploaded file

My understanding is that this is an OSX feature that must e supported by the app, and because the Logic Templates have that stationary functionality already built into it, Logic doesn't need that feature. Therefore, grayed out.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 30, 2015 11:07 PM in response to Data Stream Studio

Was Logic Pro X ever supported in OSX 10.6 (has it been that long already)?

Having the "Save as" dialog open immediately is just a cosmetic thing. The functionality is still the same either way: "You cannot overwrite a Template file (stationary pad), only save as".

Actually, Logic is even more smarter if you look closely:

• WHen you open a Template, Logic loads the Project and immediately saves it as a new Project called "Untitled" in the ~/Music/Logic directory
  • You can work on that Project without saving, even record audio, and Logic keeps on Autosaving that Project so when it crashes, you won't lose anything
  • When you hit the "Save" command, Logic will not overwrite that "Untitled" Project, it will prompt the Save Dialog and renames the Untitled Project to the new name you entered.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Template as stationery pad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.