Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band 10.1.0 No audio in track - regions blank HELP!

I recorded voice yesterday in garage band and was exporting each region to a mp3 file. I saved the file and quit work to continue it today. This morning when I opened the file all the regions were there but there was no audio - each region was blank. Please tell me there is a way to recover the audio. I looked in the audio files and didn't see the project! Can anyone explain what may have happened? Will I have to create the entire project again?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7), null

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:18 PM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2017 2:20 PM in response to Jillette

You saved me!! I've been searching all over, and I couldn't find anyone else who had a good suggestion if the audio files weren't in the media folder. Sure enough, they were in the trash. This is a BUG with garageband, as it's happened multiple times and I haven't deleted the files that end up in the trash - probably an issue with the autosave/backup

Jul 30, 2015 5:06 PM in response to Jillette

First of all, that doesn't sound good.

If the Regions are empty (no audio waveform visible), then it means that the GarageBand Project cannot find the audio files you used in that place. However if for any reason, the audio files were deleted (or corrupted), you should have seen a Dialog Window when you opened the Project that tells you what audio files could not be found, so you have a chance to locate them.

User uploaded file

To see, if the audio files are still stored in the Project, you have to do a little bit of "surgery":

• Locate the GarageBand Project file in the Finder
  • Control+Click on the file which opens a popup menu
  • Select the "Show Package Contents"
  • This opens the Project file (which is technically a folder
  • Inside that folder is a Media folder with an Audio FIles folder inside that contains all the audio files used in your project.

If there are no files, then they got deleted and you pretty much out of luck

If the files are still there, and you recognize them select and hit the space bar, to use the OSX Preview feature to listen to a file), then you can save them.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Garage band 10.1.0 No audio in track - regions blank HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.