Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does iTunes update not appear in app store

Why, when an update message appears when I open iTunes and I click on "Download Now", it takes me to the App Store and then proceeds to show me no iTunes update? I have come across this before and pretty sure I asked the community about it, but don't remember getting a satisfactory answer and can't find the thread anymore....

I don't really care one way or the other, I know where to go to get the update. It just irritates me when something doesn't work as designed and I have to find out why....

Thanks!

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 8gb ram

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:08 PM

Is there an update for your Mac OS or computer software in the Mac OS App store?

Or is there an update for an iOS item in iTunes App store?

12 replies

Jul 30, 2015 8:08 PM in response to Chris CA

Sorry, thought my answer was pretty clear, but in any case, this is an update to iTunes on my MBP. I don't know about getting updates for iTunes in the App Store, but the update message did originate in iTunes. User uploaded file

Clicking on the Download iTunes button in the pop-up message immediately self-directs to the App Store, which then checks for any new updates, and there are none. Apparently, it sounds like it's not supposed to do that, but I can't remember if it has always done that or not.

Jul 30, 2015 8:20 PM in response to Manfred34

Gotcha...

Yeah, I don’t recall ever seeing updates for iTunes thru the App store.

I know iTunes is not available in the App store under any of the tabs (Featured, Top Charts, Categories, Purchased) or Apps Made by Apple.

The update should download directly or open Safari and take you to the iTunes download page…

I don’t recall how it was done.

why does iTunes update not appear in app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.