Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Just received this message on my MAC Book Pro and was wondering if anyone knows what it means: MAC iOS Alert This security update provides a fix for SSL connection verification. For information on the security content

Received the following message while using my MAC BookPro: Does anyone know what it means?

MAC iOS Alert

This security update provides a fix for SSL connection verification. For information on the security content of this update and to unlock the MAC iOS please visit www.support.apple.com Or call +1 844 707 9335.

Call for immediate Assistance +1 844 707 9335

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:50 PM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2015 3:29 PM in response to DonnafromWarminster

And thank you for asking before jumping in to that post...we get a lot of fellow users coming in here after the fact with a real mess to clean up...there are many variations on that post going around but all have the same bottom-line - call a number for help and they purport to be Apple and want you to grant them access to your computer, oh, and it will cost in the neighborhood of $300-400 or more.

You did great in asking first...thanks for doing that.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Just received this message on my MAC Book Pro and was wondering if anyone knows what it means: MAC iOS Alert This security update provides a fix for SSL connection verification. For information on the security content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.