Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i add downloaded color presets? Color presets folder not found in "pro apps" folder

How can i add downloaded color presets to final cut pro x 10.1.4? I have read where you are suppose to go to Library-appication support-proapps-color presets....except color presets is not found in pro apps folder.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2017 2:19 AM

I know this is a very late reply, but I had the same question - and after research I have the answer!

You're looking in the wrong library. What you need to do is go to spotlight search and type in ~/library and click the top hit.

Then it's Application Support/ProApps/Effects Presets 🙂 hope this helps someone!

10 replies

Jul 30, 2015 7:22 PM in response to trentmh4545

That's the location on your system, isn't it? I think Russ meant where did you get them.

Your location is correct. home/library/Application Support/ProApps/Color Presets. The Color Presets folder only appears if you've made a color preset in FCP. If you haven't made one, just make a folder with that name, Color Presets, nothing else, in the correct location. The presets are called Name.board and have an icon like this

User uploaded file

how do i add downloaded color presets? Color presets folder not found in "pro apps" folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.