Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got rice stuck in the charging port and i tried to take it out with a small screwdriver and i got the rice out but my phone wont charge.

I got rice stuck in my phone's charging port and i took it out with a small screwdriver and my phone won't charge and the battery is dead.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2, help please

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:38 PM

Most likely this means the port is damaged. Make an appointment at an Apple store and bring it in to be checked out.

~Lyssa

4 replies

Jul 30, 2015 5:39 PM in response to aksel07

The first question is how did rice get into the charging port in the first place? Was it because the phone got wet, and you put it in a bag of rice? If that's the case then the problem is most likely water damage, and has nothing to do with the subsequent actions to get the rice out.

If this is not the case you may have damaged the connector. Inspect it with a bright light and magnifier if needed.

Jul 30, 2015 6:39 PM in response to aksel07

I'm curious as to how the rice got into your charging port. If you were trying to dry the iPad in a bag of rice after the iPad had gotten wet, it might actually be the water that caused the charging problem. In any case the appropriate action is to make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

i got rice stuck in the charging port and i tried to take it out with a small screwdriver and i got the rice out but my phone wont charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.