Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard Drive Space Discrepancy

I am having a hard drive space discrepancy. Disk utility and Carbon copy cloner say I have 150 gigs left , but the finder says I have over 300 gigs left. Earlier when I was trying to reduce the size of the main drive I would delete files but I would see no change in The amount of space available. Not sure what to do here

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:02 PM

You may notice a difference in available space statistics between Disk Utility, Finder, and Get Info inspectors. This is expected and can be safely ignored. The Finder displays the available space on the disk without accounting for the local snapshots, because local snapshots will surrender their disk space if needed.

About Time Machine's "local snapshots" on portable Macs

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 8:02 PM in response to James Lawson

You may notice a difference in available space statistics between Disk Utility, Finder, and Get Info inspectors. This is expected and can be safely ignored. The Finder displays the available space on the disk without accounting for the local snapshots, because local snapshots will surrender their disk space if needed.

About Time Machine's "local snapshots" on portable Macs

Hard Drive Space Discrepancy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.