Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes after ripping cd to HD

Couple of problems have been occurring with my iTunes. It started with it lagging when editing the when I edited track info where it would take a really really long time and for a while it would still show a cd still being in the drive if I manually ejected the cd instead of using the icon in iTunes. Very recently I would rip a cd to my hard drive, I would get the spinning wheel of death when ejecting it from the drive and it would not go away. I would then force quite iTunes and try to reopen but it never would... or at least with in the time frame that I gave it (at most a few hours). I would then restart the computer and reopen iTunes, which it would do, eject the cd that it never let go of and then try another one. The cd would rip, I would then eject it by using the icon given and it would freeze again. Is this a bug with iTunes or does my computer have a bug? I should note I did start the computer in safe mode once and dragged my iTunes xml to the desk top and imported back into iTunes after restart regular.

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:52 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes freezes after ripping cd to HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.