Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough free space available to sync (but can't remove anything!)

This afternoon I attempted to sync my iPhone to my Windows computer, but it came up with the message, "The iPhone _____ cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the selected items (additional 607.3MB required). I have noticed that my storage had been getting a little full so I deleted a couple of videos so it would free up the extra space. However, that wasn't enough and even after "removing" my music library (and freeing up roughly 23GB) I still am told that there is not enough space on the iPhone.

I have checked the iPhone directly and I've found that all of my music and videos etc have remained and I cannot delete them. I have tried deleting them both in the corresponding app and through Settings, but nothing works. I have even tried restoring it but iTunes tells me that an error occurred so that isn't working either.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:50 PM

Problem solved! For some reason I just had to disconnect my iPhone from my computer and then I was able to delete all of my music and videos from my iPhone directly. Glad to have it working again.

1 reply

Not enough free space available to sync (but can't remove anything!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.