Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replaced MBA battery not showing 100% health

Clever people of the mac world...

I have just (today) had the battery replaced on my MacBook Air (1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 256GB HDD, running OS X 10.9.5), and although the battery is not fully charged, I would think the battery health should be 100% irrespective of the amount of charge it currently has. Is this normal, or should I take it back to the Apple Store where it was installed?

Any insights or information would be useful.

Thanks,

M

MacBook Air - 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 256GB HDD, running OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:40 PM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:57 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn Samit for your reply.

I've looked at that, and although the battery condition is normal, my question is why isn't health of the battery 100%? Using the information provided by iStat Pro, the battery health is stated as 99%, which if the battery is new, I would have thought would be 100%, irrespective of the battery's charge. It's brand new, installed by Apple today. Health is different from charge, isn't it?

Thanks,

M

Replaced MBA battery not showing 100% health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.