Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view ONLY music I've downloaded on my phone on iTunes 8.4

I recently updated my phone to IOS 8.4 and that has come with some problems. Now when I go into iTunes, there is no way to make it so I only see music that I want on the phone. It now shows all the music in my library, and this is very irritating. I've checked out other solutions for this, and they say to go into the "My Music" page on iTunes and hit the drop down menu that dis normally on "Albums" as a default. These solutions say at the bottom there will be an option to "Show Music Offline" and I can just use that, but instead, on mine, it says "Show iTunes Purchases" so I have no way to fix this problem? Can somebody help with this please, it would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:08 PM

Hello,

The option your looking for at the bottom of the drop down menu is called "Music Available Offline". This was formerly called "Show All Music" and was located in Settings>Music but now lies within the Music App itself. Sounds like your looking in the right place but if it says anything about Purchased Music, that's the problem as it's only meant to differentiate music stored on your phone versus your cloud stored music. Whether it's purchased music or not isn't a component of the feature. To troubleshoot your problem, I would start by turning off iCloud Music Library in Settings>Music and sign out of your iTunes account. Power off your device for a few minutes. Power up, sign back in using your Apple ID and go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library. Then enter the Music App and look to see if that option has changed to "Music Available Offline". Hopefully this corrects the problem as I have yet to hear of this one. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 7:08 PM in response to connorparty

Hello,

The option your looking for at the bottom of the drop down menu is called "Music Available Offline". This was formerly called "Show All Music" and was located in Settings>Music but now lies within the Music App itself. Sounds like your looking in the right place but if it says anything about Purchased Music, that's the problem as it's only meant to differentiate music stored on your phone versus your cloud stored music. Whether it's purchased music or not isn't a component of the feature. To troubleshoot your problem, I would start by turning off iCloud Music Library in Settings>Music and sign out of your iTunes account. Power off your device for a few minutes. Power up, sign back in using your Apple ID and go back to settings and turn on iCloud Music Library. Then enter the Music App and look to see if that option has changed to "Music Available Offline". Hopefully this corrects the problem as I have yet to hear of this one. Good luck.

How do I view ONLY music I've downloaded on my phone on iTunes 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.