Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard backlighting and keyboard short-cuts are not working on my 2011 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.4.

Keyboard backlighting and keyboard short-cuts are not working on my 2011 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.4. I just got it back from Apple repair for another issue in which I believe they replaced the hard drive and graphics card.

I checked the settings in Keyboard System Preferences. They are set correctly. I also covered the light sensor to the left of the camera, and I still can't adjust light with the F5 and F6 keys. There is no backlighting.

Before going through Apple Support for another repair, I thought there might be a fix that I can initiate.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:28 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 6:50 PM in response to musiclady3

If zapping the pram or resetting the smc does not work, return your computer to the repair shop.

Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

I just got it back from Apple repair for another issue in which I believe they replaced the hard drive and graphics card.

I find it odd that you do not know what was repaired. No one at the repair shop told you? Items repaired not listed on your repair receipt? Really strange.

User uploaded file

Keyboard backlighting and keyboard short-cuts are not working on my 2011 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.