Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixelated Apps in Macbook Pro

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro today and was very excited to use it for some video games. I am now somewhat annoyed and disappointed. When I opened up steam I noticed that the icons were very blurry, and, when I opened Rome 2 Total War it was almost unbearable. After a little research most people suffering from the same thing are from over 2 years ago. These complaints usually end up saying just to wait for the devs to update the software, but it has been over 2 years since there complaint and they are still not updated. Is there anything at all that I can do to have a decent experience on the 2000 dollar computer??

Feeling annoyed,

-Matt

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 5:42 AM in response to mattdust01

Also, I noticed this even in minecraft and the steam app and I can almost see the "pixels" in Gmod, I do not enjoy having no diagonal lines in a game, just saying. I just don't understand how many people say that the Macbook Pro is a great system for gaming with this obvious flaw. Will running Bootcamp solve this? Am I doing something wrong? Don't think that I am not a Apple guy because I am, its just very disappointing and surprising that Apple would do this, and yes, I know Retina isn't new, but I just updated from an ancient 2009 iMac.

Pixelated Apps in Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.