Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damaged MacBook Pro! Where can I buy a new logic board?

Hello! I recently acquired a mid 2010 13 inch MacBook Pro from a friend who spilled water through the back. The only confirmed working part is the hard drive which I might switch out. Anyway, I need to find a new logic board, and so far I've found a lot, but for more than $300. I was wondering if anyone has found any for around $100, if that's at all possible. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), Currently water damaged

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:00 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 2:08 AM in response to DSMOS2112

Depending on your location or region, worldwide, your options may vary significantly.

However quality comes at a price, though used or repaired boards may be bought at

some 'saving' over new-old-stock, or new replacement first-class product.

Various places offer parts, some may not have inventory of what you need all the time.

The following links are to some of several mac-centric independent service providers

who offer repairs and parts for Apple portable computers...

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/parts/

http://www.wegenermedia.com/

Some of the same kind kinds of businesses also sell repaired computers with some

kind of guaranteed coverage on the whole unit; yet where you are located may make

some great deals less likely due to shipping or other logistical restraints.

At times, you may find a differently damaged computer and then combine two into one.

Then if you are technically able with sufficient skills, guides such as iFixit can help.

There also are some video guides online for free, that may or may not be helpful in a

logic board issue; such as those macsales.com has on their site.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Water damaged MacBook Pro! Where can I buy a new logic board?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.