Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I email an ePub document from iBooks?

MY mom downloaded a free ePub into my iBooks because she forgot her iPad. Now I need to send it to her. How do I send it so it keeps her highlighting?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 11:28 PM in response to azjavagirl

You can't email epubs from the iBooks app. If you connect your iPad to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases that should copy it over even though it isn't an iBookstore purchase (highlights won't be copied) - and if using an up-to-date Mac then do File > Move Books From iTunes in its iBooks app. Is her iPad synced to the same computer ? If it is you can then connect it and sync it to it ; if not copy it over to her computer and add it to her computer's iTunes library (File > Add To Library), or iBooks app if a Mac, and she can then sync it to her iPad.

Not sure whether highlights are copied for non-ibookstore epubs through the cloud, or whether that only works for ibooks. Is she using the same icloud on her iPad as you are on yours, and you have bookmarks and notes set to sync in Settings > iBooks on both iPads ?

How do I email an ePub document from iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.