Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update apps

The updates are piling up in my App Store, but every time I tap on the Update button, it changes into a blue spinning circle (not the one with the blue-square in the middle) and is stuck there forever. This is happening to all my apps.

I have tried soft resetting; updating while logged in and logged out; using the Update All button; tapping individual Update buttons.

On my home screen the apps I've tapped to update are greyed out and say "Waiting..." and it doesn't go away until I soft reset. It doesn't seem to be allowing me to download new apps either. Same thing happens: Tap the Get> Blue spinning circle forever.

At first I thought it was just a screw up, but this has been going on for a week and I can't use a lot of my apps. Someone give me a solution please.

(A portion of my apps are games that I can't afford to delete and re-download, please don't suggest that, thank you)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:44 PM

3 replies

Unable to update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.