Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't drag a pdf photo file into IPhoto. I get this message "Unreadable Files. Following file is in an unrecognized format." Can I change the format and how do I do it?

I can't drag a pdf photo file into IPhoto. I get this message "Unreadable Files. Following file is in an unrecognized format." Can I change the format and how do I do it?

mini, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:10 PM

Launch the Preview app then from the Preview menu bar click File > Open then navigage to the pdf photo file then click Open.

Now back to the Preview menu bar click click File > Export

Click the Format: pop up menu then select JPEG.

Then see if you can import that file into iPhonto. If not, try TIFF or PNG.

12 replies

Jul 31, 2015 10:30 AM in response to slothsystems

In case you have addition PDFs with photos you want to get into iPhoto as a jpeg here's how:

1 - open the file in any application that will open it. In your case it's Preview.

2 - type Command+P to start the print process.

3 - click on the PDF button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

User uploaded file

NOTE: If you don't have any of those options go to Toad's Cellar and download these two files:

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Save PDF to iPhoto 300 DPI.workflow.zip

Unzip the files and place in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder and reboot.

4 - select either of the files above (300 dip is used for photos to be included in a book that will be ordered).

5 - in the window that comes up enter an album name or select an existing album and hit the Continue button.

User uploaded file

That will create a 200 or 300 dpi jpeg file of the item being printed and import it into iPhoto.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.