Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i update iPhoto on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.

I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.4. I want to be able to use iPhoto as i like it more than the new photos app. When i open iPhoto it tells me that it must be updated, after selecting 'search app store', the app store opens and tells me that I cannot update iPhoto because it is not available in the Australia store. I looked at few online forums and tried a few of their 'solutions' however none worked. One told me i need a download code...

Please help as I love iPhoto and want it back! 🙂

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:55 AM

Apple stopped selling iPhoto, so it is a bit tricky to update. You will neither find an update on the Updates page of any App Store nor can you purchase iPhoto any longer. The update message, when you try to launch iPhoto is sending you on a wild goose chase. The only way to update is by reinstalling iPhoto, if you already own iPhoto and your purchase is associated with your AppleID at the Mac App Store

Barney-15E's user tip explains how to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 by reinstalling your purchase. See this link: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

Basically, you nee to move the incompatible iPhoto version to the Trash (don't empty the Trash), and the open the Purchases history at the Mac App Store - the fourth tab "Purchases". Photos should now be showing with an "Install" button beside it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Brianna.T

Apple stopped selling iPhoto, so it is a bit tricky to update. You will neither find an update on the Updates page of any App Store nor can you purchase iPhoto any longer. The update message, when you try to launch iPhoto is sending you on a wild goose chase. The only way to update is by reinstalling iPhoto, if you already own iPhoto and your purchase is associated with your AppleID at the Mac App Store

Barney-15E's user tip explains how to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 by reinstalling your purchase. See this link: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

Basically, you nee to move the incompatible iPhoto version to the Trash (don't empty the Trash), and the open the Purchases history at the Mac App Store - the fourth tab "Purchases". Photos should now be showing with an "Install" button beside it.

How can i update iPhoto on OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.