Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which hardware is the culprit: the battery in my iPhone 5 had been replaced multiple times now, and each time the battery seems to get damaged by the phone. After some time, the phone starts dying randomly and eventually needs battery replacement.

Which hardware is the culprit: the battery in my iPhone 5 had been replaced multiple times now, and each time the battery seems to get damaged by the phone. After some time, the phone starts dying randomly and eventually needs battery replacement.

The battery replacement is only a short term fix that I'm currently living on. It's costing me a fair bit and I'd like to know which part to be replaced.

Suspect: U2 IC Chip (Costs a bomb, will buy new phone if this is the case)

Another problem that I notice is that the phone is a little slow to respond to getting plugged in. Takes about 1 second to recognize the charge. I use original/high quality chargers.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:03 PM

5 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.