Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-wired keyboard starts working

Hello,

Every once and a while, after I disconnect my wired USB Apple keyboard from my MB, when I connect it again, on the same port, it doesn't work anymore.

I know how to fix this, by using an extension cable or USB hub, but those solutions are so ugly and impractical (wires everywhere or an ugly bulky hub).

I do not understand why "now" it is working, then I unplug and when I replug it isnt working anymore, especially if I restart in between.

This is really outrageous. We pay 1500 dollars for these laptops and they cant even connect with genuine Apple keyboards properly?!

What is even more lovely is that when it's not working in one port, if I insert it into another port it works fine there... Then when I go to the original one sometimes it does work sometimes it still doesnt work.

Why does this happen? What is the technical explanation for this? I imagine something to do with USB 2.0 vs 3.0, but why sometimes it's working sometimes it isn't. Why does it "forget" to work after unplug and replug?!

How can I "reset" my port to make it work? I don't wanna use the other port as I need to connect my printer there.

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:33 AM

There are no replies.

USB-wired keyboard starts working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.