Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id is using old email which I cant access, how do I change password

I am trying to change the password of my apple id, however, it is sending requests to do so to an old email account (even though I have updated my primary account to the new email)...so without access how do I ever make a change to apple?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 1:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 2:22 AM in response to soniafromrugby

I assume that you changed your primary email address on your account at some point in the past when you remembered its password (?), or is the problem that you are having is that you know the current password but it's not accepting it ?

If you have a rescue email address on your account then reset emails will be sent to that email account, not to the primary email address.

You should be able to reset your password by answering the account's security questions on http://iforgot.apple.com

If you can't then contact Support in your country, after confirming your id and that it's your account they should be able to reset the password (and security questions) : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If you have an out-of-date rescue email address on your account you can then update it : Manage your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Or change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

apple id is using old email which I cant access, how do I change password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.