Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super Drive

Will my drive burn DL's? I don't believe so but want to make sure, most threads I've read say the superdrive does burn DL. I don't believe that's the case here. Am I right?

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GX40N

User uploaded file

Firmware Revision: R

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:00 AM

14 replies

Jul 31, 2015 9:07 AM in response to rkaufmann87

In the original post I posted my specifications: which say nothing about dual layer support. When I research the device via apple store and go through the question and answers people say it does. What I am reading and what I see under "about this mac - system report - Disc Burning" aren't matching up. User uploaded file

what I am reading and what I see aren't in sync.

Jul 31, 2015 9:17 AM in response to dsilchenstedt

dsilchenstedt wrote:

So would you say this specific drive does not support the burning of DL's or does it?

I agree with rkaufman - call Apple because: I was under the impression that all Superdrives support dual layer burning; however, that is usually shown in the specs and, in yours, it is not. So that is confusing. I know Apple sold two different versions of the external Superdrive at some point - maybe there was one with and one without DL capabilities?

Super Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.