Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 has stopped Outlook working with iCloud contacts and calendars. Any ideas?

I had been using W8 plus iCloud for Windows to make available iCloud contacts and calendars. This worked fine.

Then I switched to Windows 10 yesterday and now get this message when trying to open calendar or contacts. Please can someone advise how to resolve? I uploaded iCloud for Windows again as a first attempted solution. Thanks

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:43 AM

14 replies

Jul 31, 2015 5:37 AM in response to fatdad5

On a different board, someone suggested shutting off your iPhone/iPad and rebooting it. That fixed another's problem. I'd suggest you try it.

I'm still having the problem you are. I re-installed iCloud for Windows, rebooted my iPhone and iPad twice, and rebooted my PC, but I still can't get Outlook to even let me click the iCloud button for Calendar or People.

Jul 31, 2015 6:18 PM in response to agill347

Hey all. I had the same problem and found a really simple answer (after working on it all day). I simply closed Outlook, logged out of iCloud and then logged back in. When it asked me what items to sync with Outlook, I deselected all checkboxes and after 5 minutes of processing, I was able to reopen Outlook and everything is back to normal.

Hope this helps.

Aug 1, 2015 5:30 AM in response to Op-Editor

The calendar is back! I followed a mix of these: I closed Outlook, called up the iCloud app, logged out of iCloud, had to delete my iCloud extension from Chrome, then logged back in and chose to syn email, calendars, etc. Thank you!

One snag: My non-cloud Outlook contacts disappeared. I'm not thrilled, but it's a small price to pay.

Windows 10 has stopped Outlook working with iCloud contacts and calendars. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.