Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deregistered my phone no, can't sign into iMessages on macbook anymore

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read this.

So, I got sick of iOS and decided to try out an Android phone. After a few days dealing with getting messages on my old phone and not on my new device, I decided to deregister my phone number from iMessages. It worked well, or so I thought. I signed back in on my iPad so I could still get messages from there, but I'm unable to do so on my Macbook Pro.

Whenever I try to sign in on my Apple ID I get the following error: "Could not sign into iMessage. The server encountered an error processing registration."

I've been trying to find solutions online, but so far none have been successful in helping me resolve this issue.

I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro 15", OSX Version 10.8.4

I didn't know exactly where to post this, so apologies if this is the wrong sub-community.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:55 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2015 1:20 AM in response to Eric Root

Still not working for me. I force quit imagent, but before I could finish signing into Messages it returned. I tried force quitting imagent every time it popped back up while Messages was logging in but it wouldn't ever finish signing me in. So I gave up, let imagent stay, and sure enough Messages failed to sign me in.

Deregistered my phone no, can't sign into iMessages on macbook anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.