Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s turned itself off several times last night and itunes cannot find my phone when connected to laptop for backup

Yesterday, despite having 32% battery, my phone switched itself off and gave the indicator on screen to charge. Switched back on after several attempts. Showed 1% battery and did it again. Switched back on then showed 23%. did this approx. 4 times.

Also had issues with signal over this last few days. Mainly having none!

Also, connected it to my laptop at lunchtime to back up and iTunes says there is a phone connected but it does not recognise it.

Anybody else had this? Can anyone help please.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:37 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 6:25 AM in response to JDNanna

Hello JDNanna,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone started unexpectedly restarting as well as displaying a couple of other issues including poor signal and not being recognized in iTunes. The first two articles below will help you troubleshoot the signal and the iPhone not showing in iTunes, while the last article addresses the restarts.

If after working through the articles the issues continue, it may be necessary to follow the link in the last article and contact Apple Support.

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo unexpectedly - Apple Support

Have a great day

Iphone 5s turned itself off several times last night and itunes cannot find my phone when connected to laptop for backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.