Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 BootCamp - FN Key Not Working

Dear Loner T

Help please!

I have the same problem. Win 7 upgraded with Win 10 through BootCamp + OSX Yosemite. I downloaded BCA 5 in OSX, unzipped and copied the BootCamp folder to a USD stick. In Windows double-clicked SetUp folder on USB stick but get the error message:

"The $WinPEDriver$ was not found. Please verify the folder $WinPEDriver$ is in the same location as the BootCamp folder and try the installation again."

I can't find any reference to $WinPEDriver$ anywhere.....am I doing something wrong? I also copied the BootCamp folder to the BOOTCAMP (C:) root partition and the same happens. Did I do something wrong when I originally installed Win 7?

Grateful, please for your urgent help.

cheers

Loner T Jul 31, 2015 4:31 AM Re: Windows 10 bootcamp - FN key is not working

Re: Windows 10 bootcamp - FN key is not working in response to Boot User Baz

Can you post a new discussion? It seems that the setup.exe being used is the Windows installer rather than the Bootcamp Installer?

MacBook Pro, Other OS, OSX Yosemite/Win10 Upgraded Win10

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:48 AM

10 replies

Jul 31, 2015 5:02 AM in response to Loner T

Hi

I used the Link you gave to another User, being System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support.and chose the option

MacBook Pro
(13-inch, Early 2011)

The model is Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13" running OSX Yosemite and Windows 10 through BootCamp installed Windows 7 Home Premium. All working well except this issue.

Hope this helps you.

thanks

Jul 31, 2015 6:49 AM in response to Loner T

in Microsoft there is no Keyboard Tab within - Control Panel

- System

but in OSX Accessibility, Yes.

I'm a MS User and never had Apple until now. I gave up on MS machines for being pretty useless so now use MB Pro which is a far superior machine and essentially windows only. If we talk OSX you'll have to guide me through or wait until my son-in-law gets here in a couple of hours time who is a professional OSX User. Sorry for being a pain but I only know the Apple basics really.

Jul 31, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Boot User Baz

Success. Downloaded again but this time in Windows, not in OSX as instructed. Whether or not the $WinPEDriver$ was corrupted or I just missed it when copying to Windows is a mystery. Anyway, instead of running the setup.exe file [it kept hanging at different points until I forced closure of that respective program] I just chose the option ....BootCamp/Drivers/apple/Apple Keyboard....worked instantly.

Hope this helps others and thanks for your help.

cheers

Windows 10 BootCamp - FN Key Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.