Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone contacts and deleted exchange email

Dear All,

i have to iphones 5 and 5S. both are backed up on the same Icloud account with different backups.

both of them had an exchange account thats not active anymore as i changed into a new job.

i deleted the exchange email on one of them and 80% of my contacts disappeard (corporate and private).

i still have my contacts on the other mobile so what my option are.

if i choose to delete the email from the other mobile it gives me only one option which is delete from my Iphone.

if i keep, it keeps asking me for the password for the exchange server which is not available anymore (the contacts are still in my mobile).

please advice.

BR

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 5:37 AM in response to tarzan_055

When you deleted the account, all of the contacts stored in Exchange were removed from the phone. They are 'owned' by Exchange. There are 3rd party apps which claim to be able to access and export those contacts. I have no personal experience with them.

Yet another reason why you should not store personal data on company owned systems.

iphone contacts and deleted exchange email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.