Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does the iphone 5c storage work?

Can someone clear this thing for me?

I have an iphone 5c 8 GB

When I log into iTunes it says: Capacity 5.26 - I understand that the no HDD is the size that it's suppose to be but from 8 GB it's a big difference.

Also, in iTunes i get 2.57 GB of free space.

Moving on:

When I plug the iphone into the computer - Internal storage says 1.93 GB free of 7.38 - which is it? 5.26 or 7.38??

Moving on:

When i check the iPhone's storage (on the iphone itself) i get:

used: 3.3

available: 1.9

In the manage storage, if I add up all of the apps, music and photos i get about 1.5 GB

Besides the iOS which I dont know how much space takes, where is my storage gone?!!?!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:10 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 8:02 AM in response to Rublenco

Read this:How OS X and iOS report storage capacity - Apple Support

It explains as you know why the storage shows as less on the system than it does printed on the SSD.

Now the other reason is it shows as less is the operating system iOS takes up space too, all those apps that come with your phone e.g. , Safari, Mail, Camera, Phone Messages.

One should always keep this in mind when determining the size of device that will meet their storage needs.

How does the iphone 5c storage work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.