Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see if a family member has redeemed a gift card or has credit on his account?

I'm the family organizer and my son often gets gift cards from relatives. He redeems them and makes purchases, but does not always keep track of his purchases and account balance. I'm looking for one of two things: (1) A way to tell him he can check his balance to see if he can indeed make a purchase without hitting my account or (2) A way for me to do the same. Any help would be welcome. He's only with me half time and I don't want to turn on the option that requires my consent for each purchase because, most of the time, he gets it right, but sometimes he doesn't and it's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way to check your credit balance.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:06 AM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:32 AM in response to halfpintneo

He should be able to see if he has a balance (I'm not using family sharing, but I assume the same ways apply to it). My account's balance shows on my computer's iTunes by clicking on my name towards the top right of the iTunes screen, and by logging in to view my account via the Account (Store on older iTunes) > View Account menu option. On my iOS devices it shows at the bottom of, for example, the Featured tab in the App Store app under my account id (or you can view an account via Settings > iTunes & App Store and it should show on the screen that you are taken to).

For you to see what balance he has, you will need to log out of your account (Account > Sign Out on a computer's iTunes) and into his account.

How can I see if a family member has redeemed a gift card or has credit on his account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.