Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad sync problem to iTunes

First of all, I'm sorry if I don't set out my question properly or I don't give enough details for a solution, i'm new to this so i'm not 100% sure on how you do it. Also, i'm not good with 'techy' technical terms so i apologise if my question isn't great.

My sync problem is between my iPad 4th Generation and my Macbook Pro (retina). I would really like to sync them together but when I tried I found that I couldn't because when I connected them together using the charging wire, my iPad says it is charging, then not, then charging, then not and so on, which means when it charges it is connected but it isn't connected long enough for a sync because as soon as the iPad says 'charging/connected' it just disconnects. I really want to be able to sync them together but I don't know how if this keeps happening.

I have tried using multiple different wires and none work. This issue is really confusing me and I hope someone can help. Thankyou 🙂

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:33 AM

There are no replies.

iPad sync problem to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.