Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 memory issue!!!!!!

Hi all,

I`ve had my iphone 6 13GB now for a couple of months, My issue is that my phones memory is all over the place. when I hook it up to iTunes it states I have 1.87GB of free space but when I look on my phone it says I have 168mb. since having this phone I`ve had to restore it from my back up and all is good but within a week or two the same issue arises and I`m left with hardly any memory on my phone and I`ve added no more music or apps to it. all my messages have been cleared along with my safari history being deleted. I`ve never encountered any issues like this before on any of my last 3 iPhones from the 3g to the iPhone 5 but on the iPhone 6 is very irritating and unexplainable. any help would be great as I`m starting to loose all faith with apple and this iPhone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:35 AM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2015 8:12 AM in response to carlnw1975

You should be syncing your contacts to a supported application on the computer or to a cloud service. If the only backup you have of your contacts is in iTunes, you are just waiting for problems. You should have everything synced and backed up so that if something was to happen to your phone, you could recover all of your data. With the couple of comments that you have made regarding photos and contacts, you are just flirting with failure, because it will happen. Photos are designed to be imported to the computer like any digital camera. Then you can use iTunes to sync them back to the phone. If you are not backing them up by importing them, and you are just relying on the iTunes backup, again, you will lose them. They are only residing on the phone. Bad idea. Even the support documents from Apple regarding backups recommends you not rely on iTunes as your only backup for contacts and calendar, since the iTunes backup can fail or become corrupt, which is what sounds like part of your issue is.

Jul 31, 2015 10:08 AM in response to carlnw1975

iPhone 6 memory issue!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.