Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New apple account for same iphone, but no free iwork

I had to create a new apple account and use it instead of the old in the same iphone. The old one had free iwork, but now i have to pay for it. I found that you get free iwork depending on the date you bought your iphone, but is there a limit number of times you can change your account in the same device and get free iwork?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:27 AM

That's the way it works. Only the account used to originally activate the device is eligible for the free apps. In other words, the limit is 1.

Why did you switch accounts? The original account is the one that owns the apps. They are not "owned" by the device. They are owned by the account belonging to the original purchaser of the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 5:27 AM in response to CEIEC

That's the way it works. Only the account used to originally activate the device is eligible for the free apps. In other words, the limit is 1.

Why did you switch accounts? The original account is the one that owns the apps. They are not "owned" by the device. They are owned by the account belonging to the original purchaser of the device.

New apple account for same iphone, but no free iwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.