Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Windows 10, but can't get audio jack to work!

Hi,

I upgraded from 8.1 to Windows 10 and everything works great. The only issue is the audio jack - I can't use my headphones, because it doesn't work.

I tried to remove the driver and reinstall it and also have it selected as the default device. Windows troubleshooting can't find any problems with it, but there's just no sound.

I googled a bit and didn't find anything that helped me so far. Any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, Windows 10 / Yosemite

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:38 AM

18 replies

Jul 31, 2015 8:16 AM in response to Loner T

Yes, it does work on OSX.

Yes it is a single audio jack and it worked flawlessly on Windows 8 and 8.1 right after installing them, but the update to 10 killed it. It was muted at first, but I unmuted it and it will still not play any sound. It's not a headphone/hardware issue, but seems to be a software issue. The status bars on the right in the sound settings won't even move if there's audio playing and the default device are the headphones. If I swap to a different output device it works and I can see the the "moving green bars".

The audio jack seems completely dead and I have tried a few different things already...

Aug 4, 2015 7:19 PM in response to Shdy_IIV

Had exact same problem, was fixed by first installing the boot camp drivers again i.e. unzip the boot camp drivers, go into folder BootCamp\Drivers\Cirrus, run CirrusAudioCS4208x64.exe which matched my hardware. The headphones still didn't work at this point, so I tried uninstalling all cirrus drivers -- I was going to reinstall the driver again, but the headphones began working before all cirrus drivers were uninstalled.

Aug 5, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Shdy_IIV

Found a fix for this.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the task bar

2. Click playback devices

3. Left click on the headphones, then click on properties

4. Go to advanced

5. Select: '2 Channel, 16 bit, 44100Hz (CD Quality)' as the default format

6. Test and it should work, then click apply and you're done.

Hope it helps, tried this on a MBP 13" Retina late 2013

Aug 7, 2015 3:26 AM in response to Shdy_IIV

That's what worked for me so I thought I'd share it. The driver reinstalling did not work for me, as soon as I plug the audio jack the drivers would automatically reinstall. I installed the latest ones and it still didn't work. Turns out for me it was the frequency issue. It might help someone else who has the same problem.

Installed Windows 10, but can't get audio jack to work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.