Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp AMD Windows 10

I have a 2014 model iMac 5k with the AMD R9 M290X graphics card. I updated Window 8.1 to Windows 10 with almost no issues, except that Windows 10 doesn't like the older AMD drivers. I tried asking on the AMD website if anyone had any tips to get the drivers to work and I was told, essentially, that Boot Camp drivers for AMD cards didn't exist (despite there being a link on AMD's own website to their version of said drivers). I had to go back to my Boot Camp drivers included on my partition (from Apple) in order to get my graphics card to kind of work - and I still get pop ups every time I log in telling me I don't have a graphics card installed.

So, I'm a recent apple customer and even more recently went the boot camp route (for games). Can anyone tell me if it's likely that Apple will update these drivers? Or how long it might be? If I'm looking at months, I may as well go back to Windows 8.1 - only reason I had boot camp was for gaming and I can't run any of my games without working graphics card drivers.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:09 AM

Have you seen this discussion Retina 5K - AMD Boot Camp Driver failure .

2 replies

Boot Camp AMD Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.