Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't remove a photo album

i have an iphone 5. when i originally bought the phone, i uploaded pictures from my previous phone (from the backup file on my computer) and created a new album called "phone to phone". now it won't let me delete any of the pictures in this album or delete the album at all. when i "edit" the album or pictures, it only gives me to option to share them or move them - not delete them. when i sync my phone to my computer, i uncheck the box to sync any photos from my computer from the "phone to phone" folder, it says they'll be removed from my phone, but they never are. i'm getting incredibly frustrated because it's over 400 pictures and i really need that space for other things.

please help?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:00 AM

The following procedure from Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support may be worth a try:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 9:00 AM in response to rachelfurnish

The following procedure from Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support may be worth a try:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.

can't remove a photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.