Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fresh intall of lion, now second partition locked

Hi,

so I did a fresh install on my now fairly old white MacBook 13" 2,1 Core2Duo, the one that only goes up to Lion, no newer OS.

Installation went fine, but after restarting I realised, that my secondary partition, the one with all my data and files on it, now has a small padlock symbol attached to it. I can't access it anymore. Sure, I tried repair permission, cmd i to change permissions and privileges, but nothing worked.

Actually in the cmd i window it would display "custom" privilege, and I can't change it to anything else. Also the "ignore ownership on this volume" didn't help.

What the heck is going on? Any Ideas?

What can I do unlock the drive/ partition, but honestly I have no idea what else I can do!

So hopefully someone here has an idea! Please do help!

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:07 AM

There are no replies.

fresh intall of lion, now second partition locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.